Tuesday 17 March 2015

Installation of the android develepoment environment

Installation of the android develepoment environment


First, I tried to use Eclipse and after some problems I used Android Studio.  Android Studio is the official development environment from Google.  It is based on IntelliJ IDE, which is unfortunately too big and clumsy.  The problems I had with Eclipse got fixed once the Android Studio was installed.

1- Download  eclipse-jee-indigo-SR2-win32-x86_64 .  Android Kt does not work with every family of Eclipse.  You must download the latest version of Indigo family.


2- Shortcut to run Eclipse
Start in: "C:\Program Files\eclipse-jee-indigo-SR2-win32-x86_64\eclipse"
Target: "C:\Program Files\eclipse-jee-indigo-SR2-win32-x86_64\eclipse\eclipse.exe" -vmargs -Xmx900M

3- Unzip the Eclipse download file and copy it in the target directory.

4- Installing the Eclipse plugin:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
Download Android Studio and SDK Tools | Android ...
developer.android.com/sdk/

Download the official Android IDE and developer tools to build apps for Android phones, tablets, wearables, TVs, and more.

Installing the Android SDK
https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing.html

Android Studio provides everything you need to ... Migrating to Android Studio
https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/migrate.html

To migrate existing Android projects, simply ... Migrating to ...

Adding SDK Packages
To start adding packages, launch the Android SDK Manager in ...


Android Studio Overview
Android Studio is the official IDE for Android application ...

Installing the Eclipse Plugin
Installing the Eclipse Plugin. Android offers a custom plugin ... Android NDK
Before installing the Android NDK, you must agree to the ...

ADT Plugin
Android Development Tools (ADT) is a plugin for the Eclipse IDE ...


SDK Manager
On Windows, double-click the SDK Manager.exe file at the root of ...

SDK Tools
Known Issues - ADT Plugin - SDK Platforms - ... Managing Projects


Android Studio provides graphical tools for creating and managing ...
android.com alanından daha fazla sonuç

5- The items, SDK tools, SDK Manager, ADT Plugin can also be loaded from the Android Studio.


 The important point is,
Whether Eclipse or Android Studio they always create and write to the same place. 
C:\Users\ars\android-sdks
They both use the same tools.

6- I began to use the Eclipse+ANDROID plugin
http://iit.qau.edu.pk/books/Android.Application.Development.for.For.Dummies.pdf
Chapter 2: Preparing Your Development Headquarters . . . . . . . . . . . . .25


7- After I installed Eclipse + the Android Studio’s Eclipse Plugin, I could not use x86 device emulators because it said it needs HAXB accelarator.  I could only use non-x86 emulators which are provided by Google.
 
8- At this point I decided to install Android Studio.  I did so with no major problem.


9- I tried to run a simple example, it showed me the previous device emulators that I had created with Eclipse plugin.  It did not work with them.  I had to reload these emulators.  I reloaded almost everything in the SDK manager.  This included the HAXB accelerator.  The difficulty with x86 emulators is solved by this.  Now, I could use all the device emulators.


10- When I returned back and tested the same application I saw that the problems of the Eclipse plugin were also solved.  I can also use the Eclipse plugin now but it is reasonable to continue with the Android studio as it is now the official Google IDE.